Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 9205

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 3 questions about ni 9205. 

1/ I use 9205 to measure a AC voltage of 5 Volts and there are a pic ( trig) of 15V level in my signal .it's normal . Now I want to know if this pic can destroy my card because ni 9205 has +/- 10V max min level.

2/ how i could  configure ni9205 calibre (10V 5V 1V 200mV)   without fpga toolkits ? 

3/ ni9205 has a minimum of +/-200mV , I want to measure a millivoltage . What type of card do you propose for this ?

Thanks 

regards!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author new_ingenieur

Hello

To answer at your first question, there is an overvoltage protection. (see this link : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374188d.pdf on page 19)

Your module is not destroyed if you apply a tension less than 30 V for only channel.

To configure your module, you can use NI DAQmx which is the driver of this card for Windows.

What platform do you use with it ?

When you install NI DAQmx, there is some examples which are intalled.

The 9205 could be configure to measure voltage whose range is +/- 200 mv with an accuracy of 0.174 mV. (sse this link : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374188d.pdf page 22)

With this configuaration, you are able to measure voltage between +/-200 mV with a an accuracy of 0.174 mV.

I think you don't need anothere card exept if you want a better accuracy.

Best regards

Guillaume D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,097 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your answer, its very clear .I 'm agree for 1 3 4 question ** fine. So

I have a daqmx and i know the proprety node AImin AImax config.But i read in one topic that AImin AImax value is different to calibre (10V 5V 2V or 200mV) of ni9205.

For example in AImin-Aimax ,i can enter any value then there are only 4 calibres in 9205.

!!!!

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author new_ingenieur
Yes, you only have 4 ranges and the DAQmx driver will automatically set the range based on what you provide for min and max. It will set the next highest actual range if you specify a min and max that is lower than an actual range. In other words, it will select +/- 200 mv even if you specify min/max of +/- 100 mv.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,086 Views)

***************Thank you very much************

************************MerciSmiley Happy********************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,081 Views)