From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 9205

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 3 questions about ni 9205. 

1/ I use 9205 to measure a AC voltage of 5 Volts and there are a pic ( trig) of 15V level in my signal .it's normal . Now I want to know if this pic can destroy my card because ni 9205 has +/- 10V max min level.

2/ how i could  configure ni9205 calibre (10V 5V 1V 200mV)   without fpga toolkits ? 

3/ ni9205 has a minimum of +/-200mV , I want to measure a millivoltage . What type of card do you propose for this ?

Thanks 

regards!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author new_ingenieur

Hello

To answer at your first question, there is an overvoltage protection. (see this link : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374188d.pdf on page 19)

Your module is not destroyed if you apply a tension less than 30 V for only channel.

To configure your module, you can use NI DAQmx which is the driver of this card for Windows.

What platform do you use with it ?

When you install NI DAQmx, there is some examples which are intalled.

The 9205 could be configure to measure voltage whose range is +/- 200 mv with an accuracy of 0.174 mV. (sse this link : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374188d.pdf page 22)

With this configuaration, you are able to measure voltage between +/-200 mV with a an accuracy of 0.174 mV.

I think you don't need anothere card exept if you want a better accuracy.

Best regards

Guillaume D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,093 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your answer, its very clear .I 'm agree for 1 3 4 question ** fine. So

I have a daqmx and i know the proprety node AImin AImax config.But i read in one topic that AImin AImax value is different to calibre (10V 5V 2V or 200mV) of ni9205.

For example in AImin-Aimax ,i can enter any value then there are only 4 calibres in 9205.

!!!!

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author new_ingenieur
Yes, you only have 4 ranges and the DAQmx driver will automatically set the range based on what you provide for min and max. It will set the next highest actual range if you specify a min and max that is lower than an actual range. In other words, it will select +/- 200 mv even if you specify min/max of +/- 100 mv.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,082 Views)

***************Thank you very much************

************************MerciSmiley Happy********************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,077 Views)