cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie question: Acquiring acclerometer signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI community,

I have an at-mio-16e-10 DAQ board. I want to acquire 3 different accelerometer signals from single axis accelerometers. At this point, I have the DAQ board set-up, I am kind of confused on which accessories to purchase for it tho. Would purchasing a scb-68 connector block suffice for the additional hardware I need to collect the signals? Would the analog accelerometer signals require signal conditioning? If so, any recommendations on what to get? Any help on these is greatly appreciated! 

Cheers,

Stephen Abraham

Cheers,
Stephen Abraham
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,089 Views)

Hi Stephen, 

It looks like the most popular breakout for the AT-MIO-16e-10 DAQ board is the NI SCC-68. A cable to connect this to the DAQ would be nice to have too. The added signal conditioning would be up to you depending on what kind of accelerometer you are using and if there was any additional hardware manipulation you would want to do to your signal. Did you have something in mind?

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,047 Views)

Hi, Shane!

doesn't the NI SCC-68 only support the support daqmx devices? oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a 68-pin connector on its way! I'm using a plain old piezoelectric accelerometer (MMA2240KEG to be specific), I don't intend to manipulate the signal (i think), I just plan to collect and record accelerometer data in a spreadsheet over a long period of time. Based on what I read on the technical data sheet, since I will be using differential mode of +/- 5V with a little mod to permit 0V as the lowest value, so the inputted values will remain in the range of 0-5V and therefore the signals do not require conditioning to pass through the ADC, is that correct to assume? Is there anything else I missed? 

Cheers,

Stephen Abraham

Cheers,
Stephen Abraham
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author woudie

Hi Stephen,

From what I was able to see on the product page for the NI AT-MIO-16E-10, the SCC-68 should work as an accessory. Otherwise it looks like everything should be good to go! 

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineernig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,025 Views)

Hi Shane,

Ohh I see, awesome. I might as well get the expansion block with the signal conditioning built in for future projects. Thank you for all the help Shane!

Cheers,

Stephen Abraham

Cheers,
Stephen Abraham
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,023 Views)