Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring and controlling of Diesel Power Plant Using Labview

Respected Sir,
Our Project name is monitoring and controlling of Diesel Power Plant Using Labview7.1.Here we are monitoring and controlling important Diesel engine Parameters and elecrical parameters.Expecting more ideas andsupport from NI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,107 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

I would be glad to assist you in anyway I can. Please reply with more specifics about your application and your questions, and I will do my best to answer them.

Regards,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,091 Views)
it s very difficult to manage each and every generators manually in a diesel power plant.we have done an inplant training in a diesel power plant from where we got idea of automating the plant.in tat plant they are using SCADA software.To reduce the complicity of hardare an unnecessary comp languages v r planning to do the same purpose in LabVIEW software as our final year project.As this s our own idea v r not more familiar with the application areas of LabVIEW in a Diesel Power Plant.Plz suggest more advantages of LabView over SCADA in tis field and also welcome innovative ideas from NI to make project simple and more useful
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,084 Views)
Hello,

Exactly what kinds of measurements will you be taking? (Digital, Analog, Counter)? Will you need Signal Conditioning? What kinds of signals will you need to generate? With LabVIEW it is very easy to set up acquisition and generation with NI Hardware. If you would like to discuss this project in detail, I can have your local Sales Engineer contact you. I'm sure your FSE (Field Sales Engineer) would be more than happy to discuss your options.

Let me know if I can have your FSE contact you.

Sincerely,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,073 Views)
Yeah we are using signal conditioning units.In engine side for pressure,temperature,n in electrical side voltage,current, and power factor.is it possible to give pulse inputs to daq card6042E? plz let me knw abt the local sales engineer.am frm coimbatore,India
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,066 Views)
Are these TTL pulse inputs? If so, then yes, the DAQCard-6024E can accept those pulses with 2 24-bit counters. I will contact your sales engineer and have him contact you.

Regards,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,045 Views)
yes sir..The pulses we are using are TTL.If u dont mind please get me ur local sale engineer address.I am from south india.(coimbatore).My num is +919894148156.Also let me know the advantages of labview over SCADA.because now all diesel popwer plants are using SCADA.Which one is more better? SCADA or labview??
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,029 Views)
I would prefer not to post any phone numbers or addresses on the discussion forums. I have contacted your local sales engineer and he will be contacting you shortly.

Sincerely,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,020 Views)
k...atleast let me know the advantages of LabVIEW over scada
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,996 Views)
Hello,

I am not familiar with SCADA. Perhaps another forum member can discuss the advantages/disadvantages of using LabVIEW over SCADA. If you have any specific questions about LabVIEW, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,982 Views)