From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview fpga compile error

Dear colleagues, I am struggling with compilation of Labview FPGA software for sbRIO 9637. When I chose the local compiler option (installed on local PC), I get the following error message:

"The compilation cannot be performed by the compile worker. The compile worker may be configured incorrectly for this compilation, or it may be in an error state"

However, if I open the Compiler Worker window, I do not see any errors. 

I was trying to find answer among older topic, it seems that some people were dealing wih the same issue, but it has not been resolved yet.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,316 Views)

Hi Ivan,

It appears you have the incorrect version of the Xilinx compile tools installed.  Please see this knowledge base.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EC05F29F0AEA873A86257E9F004F5E78

Unfortunately, the sbRIO-9637 hasn't be explicitly added to the table in the KB, but the sbRIO-9637 uses the Zynq processor/FPGA SoC, so it requires the Vivado compile tools for LabVIEW 2015, as noted in the KB bullet #4:

"4. Starting in LabVIEW 2014, Xilinx Compile Tools Vivado is required for Virtex 7, Zynq, and Kintex-7. All other chips supported in Xilinx Compile Tools 14.4 will require Xilinx Compile Tools 14.7."

The proper version of Xilinx Vivado for Zynq and LabVIEW 2015 can be found and installed from here:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2015/5492/en/

To the AE that eventually takes a look at this forum post, please edit the KB referenced above to explicitly include the tools required for the Zynq Single-Board RIO devices, sbRIO-9607/9627/9637.   Thanks.

Regards,

spex

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,304 Views)

Dear SPEX, thank you for your advice. 

I don't know how to uninstall the previous version of compile tools. I don't see them separately in the list of installed programs (windows control panel). How can I uninstall the previous version correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,270 Views)

Without uninstalling the previous version of compiler, I installed Xilinx Vivado for Zynq and LabVIEW 2015 and it works now. 

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,252 Views)

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for missing your post yesterday.  I'm travelling and not keeping up with email at 100% capacity.  The two versions of the compiler can cleanly operate on the same machine without interference.  The only downside is the compiler installs are fairly large in terms of hard drive space.  I'm not exactly sure what steps are needed to uninstall one compiler or the other.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,237 Views)