From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview caught fatal signal 10.0 - Received SIGSEGV

Hello,

I recently installed nidaqmxbase 3.4 on CentOS 5.4 with an NI USB-6009. Whenever I attempt to run any of binaries compiled via gcc from the /usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/examples folder I run into the following message

LabView caught fatal signal

10.0 - Received SIGSEGV

Reason: invalid permissions for mapped object

Attempt to reference address: 0x0x8c95e8c

Segmentation fault

From commenting out code blocks I have found that this error occurs at the line

DAQmxErrChk (DAQmxBaseCreateTask("",&taskHandle));

which is line 67 in examples/ai/acquire1Scan.c for example.

Furthermore most of the binaries that have to interface with the usb-6009 such as FWUpdate give me the same error.

If anyone has any ideas on what's going on I'd really like to hear them.

Thanks,

-Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,783 Views)

Hello Aaron,

Do you have any other device that you can test DAQmx example code with? The reason why I ask, is because if other devices are giving you same errors, then the drivers may not be installed properly. Also, CentOS is not one of the listed compatible OS's for NI-DAQmx Base 3.4. Even though CentOS is 100% compatible with Red Hat, not all versions of Red Hat can use NI-DAQmx Base 3.4. Is it possible for you to try openSUSE 11.1 or 11.2?

Best Regards,

Jignesh P

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,753 Views)

Hello,

Did you find the solution ? I get the same error (using Centos 5.6)

Amicalement,

Francois

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,534 Views)

Hi Francois,

Have you checked the recommendations in the post above? Also, this link may be helpful. Unfortunately, CentOS is not supported under the DAQmx driver.

Josh Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,513 Views)

Hi,

I know this is a 2-year-old thread, but since some people still may be searching for posts on this issue (as we have been) I thought I would throw out some ideas on how we solved it in CentOS 6.4.  (By "we" I mean two of my colleagues who are Linux experts -- the credit goes to Hank and Liza, not me !  Smiley Happy)  The LabVIEW development environment had no problems; it was when we build applications (with App Builder) and tried to run them that we got the error message below.  And this was only visible when running from a terminal window; nothing happened at all when running by double-clicking on the application icon.

LabVIEW caught fatal signal
10.0.1 - Received SIGSEGV
Reason: address not mapped to object
Attempt to reference address: 0x........

Here is what we did:

1 .. Provide boot option to limit the memory to 4 GB.  As "root", we modified the "title" line in /boot/grub/grub.conf as follows:

title CentOS (2.6...) memmap=60G$0x100000000 LabVIEW

2 .. We have a newer version of the gcc compiler, so prior to installation of LabVIEW, we ensured that gcc pointed to "/usr/bin/gcc" rather than the newer "/usr/local/gcc-4.8.1-bin/gcc".

3 .. Disable Security Enhanced Linux.  This is done by editing (as "root") the /etc/selinux/config file and adding or modifying the "SELINUX" line to be:

SELINUX=disabled

With these modifications, we can now run applications on CentOS 6.4.  For those folks having these issues, any or all of these fixes may be worth trying.  Good luck !

-John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,337 Views)