Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the limits of NI PCI-6115?

I´m working with the new DAQ: NI PCI-6115. I need to know(in pratice, experimentaly) what is the maximum sampling rate for each channel, if I´m using the continuos mode aquicistion mode and saving the information in the disk. Are there any tests avaible in the CD´s which come withe the hardware?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,501 Views)
Dear pmad1,

well, the NI PCI-6115 has four A/D converter channels (each with a converter) so it is possible to sample each channel with a frequency of 10Mhz.

Stephan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,496 Views)
Hello, I guess its so late to post this information. But still, I would like to insert some information here for the people who are still not aware of PCI-6115. PCI-6115 has a 64MB buffer. 32MB for Analog Input and 32MB for Analog Output. The maxmimum possible sampling rate you can achieve using one channel is 10MillionSamplesPerSecond. You can store these files in LabVIEW Binary format (SGL Precision), Matlab Binary format (Big Endian), LabVIEW file (LVM). When you store the file in LabVIEW Binary format (SGL Precision) (or) Matlab Binary format (Big Endian), it will occupy less space compared to LVM format.  Its Input Range is ±0.2 to ±42. It has a 12-bit input resolution. You have Analog and Digital Trigger options. Input signal ranges (selectable by channel) are ±42, ±20, ±10, ±5, ±2, ±1, ±0.5, ±0.2 V

Here is the link for refernce: http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/4daqsc197-198_ETC_212-213.pdf

Message Edited by Kay Kay on 08-26-2005 03:49 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,402 Views)
If you're asking how fast you'll be able to stream data to disk, the answer will obviously vary based on your system.  For a quick way to benchmark your system, you might want to check out some of the examples on the NI-DAQmx Professional Tools page.  These examples use the data compression feature added in the NI-DAQmx 7.4 driver.  This allows you to store and write only 12 bits of data to disk with each sample rather than 16 bits unscaled or 64 bits double precision floating point.  This can greatly increase your streaming to disk rates if the hard drive is the bottleneck in your system.  Give the examples a try and let us know if you have any more questions.

Message Edited by reddog on 08-28-2005 10:50 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,397 Views)