Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate 3 continues pulse with delay of particular time

hello all..

i ahve a task to program three digital pulse train for particular cycle.. they have some delay in between them. 

here time acuracy is so important so i want to use 1 counter as a reference clock and as per its frequency i want to generate other three... 

plz suggest me... i am new for NI products... i have used microcontrollers. 

we have usb 6343.

regards & thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,814 Views)

hello again...

i am trying to use counter 1 of usb 6343. but i am not getting any signal on CRO... anybody can help here.?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,797 Views)

If I understand correctly, you want to output three pulses with some delay in between them.  The sequence of three pulses repeats at a certain rate.

If this is correct, I'd suggest configuring a continuous counter output task at the desired rate.  Configure each of the remaining three counters to generate a single, retriggerable pulse--you would set a different initial delay for each of these tasks to create the desired offset.  The three single pulse outputs should be configured to use the internal output of the continuous counter as the start trigger.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,765 Views)

thanks John Passiak....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,725 Views)

can u plz attach this example in LV10..?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,724 Views)

I went ahead and put together an example of what I had in mind and saved it for LV 2010 (I actually don't have LV 2012 installed currently either--my main project at the moment is still using LV 2011):

RetriggerableCO_x3.png

Using the default 100 MHz timebase, the timing resolution is 10 ns with a minimum delay of 20 ns.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 6 of 8
(4,717 Views)

hi,

i am having a simular problem..

i need to create 3 single pulses with a time dealy of 1-10usec from first puls to second one, and 10-100um from first pulse to third one.

i am using matlab.

how do i syncronize the counters? i thought to use a forth counter as a triger for the other 3 but dont realy know how to do it...

cout you please help???

thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,463 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,449 Views)