Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you divide signals in labview

Hi there, is the a function to get H(w) = Y(w) / X(w) if I have computed Y(w) and X(w) using the spectral analysis palette Fourier transform?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,105 Views)

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried using just the divide function?   Maybe I don't know enough about Fourier Transforms and to know this can't be done...

Also I tried looking at the VI you were referring to, but I do not have a Fourier Transform function in the Spectral Analysis palette.  What is the VI that you are using to calculate the Fourier Transform?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,073 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried the divide function in the mathematics function. When I do the computation, it returns nothing although i can see the FFT of both the signals i am trying to divide.

Functions pallette/ express/signal Analysis/ spectral is the one I am using for my FFT. There is also another one in signal processing/transforms/FFT that I have not used yet. Maybe if I can ask, whats the difference between the 2.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,049 Views)

What do you mean it returns nothing.  It seems to work when I divide two signals.  Are you doing something different than this?  I'm not sure if this is the data you are expecting or not, but at least it has some sort of value returned.

Divide FFT.png

Also the main difference between the two FFT VIs is that one is an express VI and one is a standard VI.  If you dig down into the Spectral Measurements VI, it most likely contains the other one at the lower level.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,974 Views)