From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i interface labview 6.1 with my ni-daq PCI - MIO- 16E4

I'm constructing a program that monitors signals from a NI-DAQ PCI - MIO - 16E4 device. I'm using labview, however I'm having a difficult time adding a daq channel on the front panel.
Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,386 Views)
Hi Sukhi,

You said that you were having difficulty but didn't say what you have already tried, so I'll start really simplistically.

1. You can find the DAQ Channel Control by right-clicking on the front panel to pull up the Controls palette, then go to Controls > I/O > DAQ Channel Name. Place this on your front panel and it should work just fine for you.

2. If you do not see this control you may want to make sure that you have the DAQ Drivers installed. For LabVIEW 6.1 you should install these drivers: NI-DAQ Version 6.9.3 for Windows 2000/95/98/ME/NT/XP

3. If you are still having trouble, then take a look at some of the example programs. You can find examples by going to Help > Find Examples > Hardware Input and Output > DAQ and then find the appropriate example for your use case.
One of these (or all three) should help you fix your problem.

Enjoy building the rest of your application,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,379 Views)