Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homemade DAQ device

Hello my question is if i can use Lab View together with a homemade DAQ device that doesnt have any drivers.Will Lab View atutomatically connect to it? It has 6 analog channles and ill use it for measuring temperature thermocouples.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,835 Views)
You'll have to create a driver for it. What sort of interface does it have? Typically, a connection is not automatic. If it's pci or usb, you can create a Windows driver using the VISA wizard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,821 Views)

It uses USB port. Can you give me mroe details how exactly can i make the driver?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,798 Views)
Details will depend on your design and choice of low level access. You probably have access to a dll from the vendor. For using VISA and USB RAW, start with the tutorial at http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4478/en/.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,785 Views)

Untitled.jpg

Now to clarify things... i am using the EMANT 300 USB DAQ Module and i have drivers installed for it, but the application adapter is custom made, totally different it has more analog channels, how do i make it work together with labview?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,711 Views)
I don't understand the point of attaching that image and I don't understand what you mean by application adapter with more channels. The device appears to hve a single analog input channel.

Their website says they have a LabVIEW driver. You'll need to contact them for help on using it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,705 Views)

I have used the EMANT device and the LV Driver in the past.

Please post some details of how your adaptor connects to the EMANT and what you want to do.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,699 Views)

The Adaptor will connect to the Emant via the DB 25 pin connection. The adaptor has more analong input channells, and i will use it to to measure temperature with 6 thermocouples measuring at the same time. I will create the program via the DAQ assistant in LabView and the assistant should show me all the available inputs of the device. Right now it doesnt because Lab View don't recognize the DAQ hardware. The Adaptor is custom made and i need to make it work somehow together with Lab View.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,691 Views)
You still have not provided any details on the adapter. Can we assume that there's a mux on it that is controlled by the device's digital I/O?

You'll never be able to use the DAQ Assistant. You HAVE to use the driver from the vendor. Simple as that.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,688 Views)

As Dennis said, you cannot use the DAQ Assistant. It only works with NI DAQ devices.

Use the EMANT VIs.

What functions on your adapter connect to which pins on the EMANT? Telling us that your used the 25-pin connector provides no useful information.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,684 Views)