Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get an output voltage at NI 9263

Hi,

I am using the NI9263 in combination with a NI cDAQ-9178 chassis and NI9220. I have to read the output voltage at NI9263 in labview.  how i programme my device in labview to check out put voltage across NI9263.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,738 Views)

Hi there ojasviverma,

Max here from NI. It sounds like you want to use your NI 9220 to read the voltage from an output on your NI 9263. If you're new to LabVIEW I would advise using the express VIs. You're going to need to use two - one for outputting a voltage and one for reading the voltage back.

Take a look at this: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2744/en/

It explains all about the express VI and how you can use it. Depenind on whether you want to continually measure the voltage or only do it once will depend on how you program it.

would you like to continually do this or only do it once?

Let me know how you get on!

Max

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,733 Views)

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually my task is that i am giving for eg (8V) through physical channel AI 0 to NI 9220 but i want to check an output voltage at NI 9263 in lab view. But how i connect these 2 devices logically. i use a load of 10 K ohm  at NI 9263.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,726 Views)
You physically connect the output of the 9263 to one of the inputs of the 9220. It's as simple as that. Your DAQ input task would have this channel along with whatever other channels you need to measure.

Why do you need to measure the 9263? Do you not believe the voltage output is correct when you program it to something?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,724 Views)

Good Morning,

Thanks for your reply.

What i understand from you that i have to contact NI 9220 with NI9263 but i have one question that NI 9263 is an analog voltage module. i also give an input to this device through NI 9220.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,678 Views)
Sorry, I don't understand your 'one question'. First you said you need to measure the output of the 9263 and now you say you want to program the output based on a reading from the 9220? Attach a schematic of what you really need to do.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,671 Views)