cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding enet-9163 on lokal network

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I've got a couple of enet 9163 that have been in use for some years. Resently we had some issues with noise on the logged signals so we did some fault finding and did manage to find the source of the noise. But in the prosess we did swap the enet 9163 around between different computers. At some point the io( ni9205) was swaped between the enet 9163 carrier. After this I'm not able to find the enets'( 3 ea) on any computer(direct connection on secondary NIC). I'm still able to find other enet 9163 on the same computers, so what have happend and is there an solution for this?

Power light is on but none of the others.

Both green and yellow light on port is on.

I've tried to reset the devices, connected them with and without the io.

Sjeggefjes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,854 Views)

btw, I'm using windows 7 and ni max v 16.0.0f0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sjeggefjes

It seems to be an issue with win7 and DHCP servers on multiple connections. On the main connection I have the corporate network and on my other connection I have connected the enet-9163(ni-9205 io). When I search for the card in MAX it does not check the connection with the card connected. It finds other cards of the same type on this connection but not the 3 ones I have problems with. The connection is setup with obtain ip-address and DNS server automaticly. But if I add the "Internet Connection Sharing" option for this connection ( see picture) ,I'm able to find the troublesome cards in MAX 😄

Of course this messes with the corporate connection but as an option to get communication with the card this is a way to do it.  

Sjeggefjes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,817 Views)

The ENET/WLS-9163 use a protocol on UDP port 44515 for discovery. It might be the case that your firewall may be blocking the discovery packets in certain configurations (e.g., when on your corporate network) but not in others (e.g., when you enable Internet Connection Sharing).

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Brandon  I have an NI ENET-9163 directly plugged into a laptop.  Kraft had bought a number of these DAQ's many years ago along with USB-9162 units.  They were used to convert analog signals to digital for a software application.  I am trying to repurpose one of the older units and when I plug it into my Win 10 laptop I can't find the unit.  The software driver loaded is NI-DAQmx 9.2.3 and cannot find the device in the NI Measurements and Automation Software.  If I go to Device Manager Manager to add I see NI USB-9162 but not ENET-9163.  First, do I have the wrong driver, what is the right one to use and can you help me get connected.  The Labview Run Time Versions Loaded are 8.2.1, 8.6.1, 9.0.1 and 10.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,742 Views)

Hi Willie, there is a compability chart that shows what hardware and software that is compatible. I think you have to uninstall som of the newer run time versions and only use the newest that is compatible with the enet-9163 carrier to get this to work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,725 Views)