Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export "AI Convert Clock" of 4472 to a PXI_Trig line

i have 11 pxi4472 on the same pxi1006 chassis. previouslly, i routed the "AI Convert" signal of the master 4472 card to an RTSI line, so that whenever there is an A/D convertion it can be timestamped by another card listening to this RTSI line. i used DAQ originally and everything works fine.

recently, i rewrote all my code using DAQmx. but somehow when i use the "DAQmx Export Signal (Most Signal).vi" to export "AI Convert Clock" to a pxi_trig line, labview complains about a -200375 error: "Signal type requested to be exported is not supported for the specified task running on the given device". so seems like "AI Convert clock" is no longer valid in DAQmx? i tried every other signal that DAQmx allows me to e
xport, but nothing seems to be the right one.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,566 Views)
To export the Sample Clock from the PXI-4472, use the DAQmx Export Signal property node. Specify the Sample Clock Output Terminal property (Clocks / Sample Clock / Output Terminal), and create a constant or control that specifies the desired PXI trigger line. During an acquisition, the sample clock will be exported as 100ns wide pulses at the specified sample rate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,566 Views)