From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 89130 with counters

I'm using a usb-6281 daq and keep getting error 89130 when I try to use the counter inputs.  The analog inputs and other digitral inputs work fine.  I'm testing it using Ni-Max.  I assume that if the analog inputs are working then it has nothing to do with resetting the device (which I've tried with no luck).  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,448 Views)

So you restart pc, go to max, reset device, start test panel, counter I/O tab, edge counting from any PFI, it gives error, right? 

Try different USB, force uninstall/reinstall driver in windows task manager, different PC if possible, MAX Tools -> reset config data. If not, I would say it is bad, contact NI for repairs.

They will also need daqmx version (may ask to upgrade), and windows version. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,425 Views)

Tried restarting the PC (strictly a wall powered laptop) etc..  No luck.  Took the DAQ to another PC (laptop) and it worked fine.  Took another DAQ (a 6218), ran the same tasks from Ni-MAX after resassigning them to the new DAQ and didn't encounter the 89130 problem.  In other news, it appears the bug that I started with was a result of ground loops in the device I was given to measure.  I rewired the device and so far haven't encountered the intermittent signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,420 Views)