From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 201250

An error 201250 occured after running a DAQ program for seven days. Using both a cDAQ (9172 chasis) with and a ENET-9163. Both have an NI-9211 module to acquire temperature. The ENET is connected directly to the network by a LAN cable.

Not sure if the problem is the network or program and may be intermittent. There's not much information about error 201250 except for the link below which has to do more with wireless ENET.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/85F0E0316EFBA819862575A2006B8D63

Enclosed is the essence of the progam. It's been reduced to just the cDAQ and eNet to better identify the problem.

Is there some better error trapping so that the problem can be isolated to the network or the program?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,287 Views)

Hi Steve,

I've seen this error commonly when connected via wireless to the chassis. I would stay on LAN for troubleshooting purposes and see if the behavior remains. I would suggest a couple of things that are already detailed on the KB you pointed out:

Does the error happen when you self-test the module in MAX?

Try a static IP address, if that doesn't work, try with DHCP.
Delete the chassis from MAX and rediscover it.
Remove any firewalls you might have following this and this links.

I don't see anything wrong with your code, other than the timing the while loop with a Wait (ms) function instead of using the "number of samples pero channel" of the DAQmx Read, but that should be unconsequential to the error you're getting.

Let me know if this helps

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
Message 2 of 4
(5,271 Views)

Daniel,

Thanks for evaluating the VI. Error 201250 showed up again. Seems to happen at midnight (if that's a clue).

Checked the following

1. The DHCP is set up to obtain an IP address automatically.

2. Used "netstat -an" but this didn't help to find out the state of the port used by the ENET device.

3. The samples being read by the cDAQ is always constant at 5 which the ENET reads between 1 and 2 samples (each itertaion).

To troubleshoot the problem better I was thinking of adding a recovery section to the vi. The only information that I can think of recording would be the error and time of error. Would there be anything else of value? See below for details

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,230 Views)

Hi Steve,

Try and work with your IT department so they can give you a static IP address that you can assign your ENET. If you think that might take a while, try and connect the ENET to a laptop directly without going through the network and assign a static IP address there.

Also, I can't stress out enough the importance of knocking down all of the possible firewalls you might have on your computer. They are the most common culprit in these type of connectivity issues. Not only the windows firewall, but also any antivirus you might have. Some times, they have a firewall of their own we might not know about.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,221 Views)