From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -201003

I have a 9181 chassis with a single 9375 module installed.  When things go wrong and my code ends up trying to run a task that has been closed or not opened yet, I get this -201003 error.  The message says something about "device not available".  The problem is that I can't find a way to reset the DAQmx system so that I can recover from this error.  Yes, I need to be meticulous about not trying to run an invalid task but shouldn't I be able to reset the device and recover programatically?  Unfortunatly, even if I perform a device reboot via MAX I still can't recover.  The only way to recover is to manually pull the plug on the chassis.  Is this the way it should work or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,560 Views)

Can you attach a screen shot of your error message and the actual code that is throwing this error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,531 Views)

More information.  This code is running in a VI called by TestStand.  Turns out that I don't need to power cycle the device, but do need to restart TestStand (and LabVIEW).  If I open MAX I can reserve the chassis, open and run the tasks I have set up but until I restart TestStand, I can't get past the error.

What I have found is that my problem occurs when I try to run a task without the task started.  I have restructured my code now so that it should be impossible to run a task if it is not "active" and have had no issues since.  My question though is about recovering from this situation.  Why should this be unrecoverable?  Isn't there a way to reset DAQmx programatically without shutting down TestStand and LabVIEW?

daqmx sample vi.jpg

daqmx error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,523 Views)

There is a DAQmx Reset Device.vi that you can use to reset a device back to its configuration state. Have you tried this?

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,500 Views)