From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 201003 cDAQ startup

Hi forum,

i got a error massage error 201003 while starting my application. The application is in the startup folder as soon i start up its not running and i get the error massage. When i close the vi and open it again manual its working. 
What could be the problem?

THanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,140 Views)

Hi Martin,

does this error only occur with this application or with another one too? Could you please try to create a small example for me, so that I can reproduce this.

Thank you,

Nina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,064 Views)

The error is correct though I could see how the description starts ok and then veers off-track.  It takes a little while for the cDAQ chassis and modules to be initialized and ready for use.  If you are running your application at startup, it is likely that it is running before cDAQ is ready.  It works when you run it manually because that takes longer.  The fix is to have your code query if the devices are present before executing the rest of the application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,052 Views)

"query if the device is present"

How do we do that with DAQmx ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,877 Views)