From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does ni provide shielded VHDCI to VHDCI cables ?

Hi,

I have developped electronics boards for an embbeded system using PXI E Series cards.
So my boards have VHDCI connector to be plugged to the PXI card via a 0.5m long SHC68-68-EP cable (It's the shortest in NI catalog).

For next systems, I plan to use M Series PXI cards. This kind of cards has a 2 VHDCI connector.

That's why I would need 0.5 m long (or less ...) VHDCI to VHDCI cables having the same electrical performances than the
SHC68-68-EP ones.

If someone have an idea to help me ...

Thank's

Julien MONTROZIER
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,944 Views)
Hi,

I do not understand why you'll need a VHDCI to VHDCI cable? To connect which boards?
Thanks for being more precise...

Regards

DD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,921 Views)
Hi David,

I need a VHDCI <=> VHDCI cable to plug my self developped boards to new M Series NI cards.
Both of them have VHDCI connector.

Look at the picture below that's show my board.
The VHDCI connector is located on the base of the "L" that represent the board.

I hope you can understand my problem, so ... any solution may be welcome !!

Thank's in advance.

Regards

Julien MONTROZIER
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,912 Views)
Hi,

National Instruments does not provide cables with two VHDCI connectors. If you want this kind of cable, you have to made it by yourself or have a look at others suppliers.

The solution I can propose you is to change the connector that is located on your home-made board : I mean, you put a connector such as you have now on your E series on your self-developped board. If you do this, you would be able to connect this board and a M series with the same cable SHC6868 as you did before (in the other sense!)

These connectors are sent by National Instruments. They have the same architecture as those VHDCI. Below is a link about these custom connectors.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=4798〈=US

Hope it will help you,
Regards

DD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,895 Views)