Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital input problem (ask help)

I am using a PCI-MIO-16XE-50 card to control a lab setup and collect data. I got a problem in digital input as follows:

the objective of using this digital input channel is to shut down the reactor when the reactor is flooded. I used a 5 voltage battary and creat a circute on the reactor. When the reactor is flooded, an external 5 V will be applied on the digital input channel. A true value (alarm) can be received from this digital chanel and the reactor can be shut down.

A few month ago, this concept worked well. However, the default voltage on the digital input channel was not stable. A few month ago, the default value was zero and now it becomes 5 V.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,472 Views)

Hi

It sounds like some where, some how, the input impedance in your setup changed. By default the E-series boards have a default high impedance input powerup state for the digital lines. If you want them to power up in the low state, you can wire in pull-down resistors.

See the following link for more information about changing the default state for the digital lines.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B4FED0C879BD155F862569ED00142DC7

Regards

Meister, NIDK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,461 Views)