From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital channel doesn't do clocked sampling

Hi, all,

I am trying to generate a digital output signal as TTL pulses to control another device. I used matlab daq.session to creat all the possible clock signals matlab suggested for the digital channels to do clock samplng  (sClk/counterChannel or addAnalogInut). Still I cannot get the digitalchannel to work with the clock. Matlab always told me that the channels are not able to perform clocled sampling. Is it possiable that the digital channels on my BNC2110 board or PCI6110 card do not support clocked sampleing? Is there anyway to get around it?

I am able to use ni-max to toggle the digital channels to turn on the devide that I want to control. So it seems to me that the hardware are okay.   

the system is :

matlab r2013b

BNC2110 board

PCI 6110 card

whidndows 7

12G RAM

Many thanks,

mc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,665 Views)
Haven't you read the manual or specs for the 6110? It clearly states that it only has software timing.

The BNC-2110 is irrelevant.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,661 Views)

HI, Dennis,

Thanks. But still I dont understand why every time when my matlab code steps through "addDigitalOutput", the message warns me that I am adding channels that are not clocked sampling enabled even though I did use addAnalogInput () or sClk to give it the clock. I assume that's what you say about sofeware time clock. Sorry that I am repeating my question here again. Thanks in advance if you can give me some suggestions to work on.

Appreciate,

mc 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,649 Views)
You can't specify any clock at all our use any function that requires a clock.
Message 4 of 9
(4,644 Views)

Dennis: When I look into the specs I read than one can configure the PFIs to output clock signals (scanclk or freq_out or timer signals)

mct1911: What type of TTL signals do you want to generate??

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 5 of 9
(4,637 Views)

Thanks, Dennis. 

Hi, Henrik, I am trying to generate pulses of 1 sec 5V TTL with 2 mins between each pulse from two digital channels.

mc   

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,621 Views)

I would use one of the counters on that board to create a pulse train.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 9
(4,615 Views)

Thanks, crossrulz, 

I will look into how to do that. 

mc

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,602 Views)

Hi, corssrulz,

I did try using counter channels. Still matlab doesn't allow it to queue data output unless a analog or digital channel is used. Anyt other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mc 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,596 Views)