Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data logger doesn't work

Hi,
I've been working for several weeks with the NI 6008 without any problem but some days ago I've foud that sometimes it doesn't work fine. Data logger did not get any value at all. So I decided to reinstall the NI-DAQmxBase. After doing that it worked fine until I rebooted windows. Then I reinstalled windows xp and got the same problem after rebooting. Everytime I reboot the pc the datalooger doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)
Hi,

ít´s the first time that I hear this, but I´m thinking if you have checked the following:

1. NI-DAQmx base lists your USB board (USB-6008)??
2. Have you be able to tested it (usb-6008) through LabVIEW or other programming language??
3. Have you be able to connect the USB-6008 on other USB port and check it??
4. What kind of task are you configuring (continuous, finite,...) ???. Have you be able to check with other type of tasks??
5. Have you checked if the sampling rate is lower than the maximum rate that you can use??
6. Are you collecting from multiples usb devices?
7. May you test on other PC?
8. Why have you rebooted your PC?

At last but not least, could you explain me the steps that you are making before NI Data Logger doesn´t work fine?? and the graph on NI Data Logger always appears clean?, the timebase (x axis) is moving??

Diego M.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,618 Views)
Hi,
Finally I reinstalled windows xp. It has worked perfectly for a week but today I have had the same problem. When I've launched data logger I've got 0,0041 V instead of the real value 0,19V. Then I've disconnected and connected the usb. It works again!
I can't do that everyday (disconnect and connect) because the system have to work automatically. The computer will restart everyday at the same hour and with the same application. It will control a system without any human intervention.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)
Hi again,

it´s rare this issue. I recommend you to call to your NI local branch in order to analyze it with their engineers.

Regards

Diego M.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,599 Views)