Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqpad 6020E not communicating

Sometimes when my PC is first powered up, my daqpad 6020E (USB) will not communicate with my labview programs until I open up measurement and automation explorer and click on the 6020E. I have two computers with DaqPad 6020E and both of them have this intermitent problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,687 Views)
The problem you are experiencing sounds very familiar to a commonly known issue with the DAQpad-6020E. It has been discovered that the problem occurs after you have placed desktop and or laptop PC into hibernate or Standby mode. When coming off of hibernate or standby mode the USB module does not come back up, unless the USB cable is disconnected and reconnected, or power to module is switched off and then back on. The problem occurs on OS Win 9x, WinXp, WinXp Professional.

Does this sound familiar to your instance? The problem has been reported to R&D. Unfortunately, there is no plan to fix such an issue with the DAQpad-6020E. The recommended solution to getting around the problem is to disconnect and reconnect the USB device or the power cycle to the devic
e. NI DAQPad-6020E for USB, NI USB-5102, and NI USB-4350 Failing to Respond When the PC Comes Off of St....

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,686 Views)