Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqpad 6016 stops acquiring intermittantly

I'm using MAX to troubleshoot the NI DAQPad 6016 and I have noticed that it sometimes stops acquiring for no reason.

Here is the setup, I'm using a thermocouple as the input source (very low voltage):

AI channel: AI2
Mode: On Demand
Input Config: DIFF

+ is going to AI2
- is going to AI10

100K resistors going from AI2 and AI10 to AI GND to get rid of excess noise.

Using this setup, the daqpad acquires normally for a while and then suddenly stops. No errors, nothing. This happens intermittently and is difficult to predict. To restart it, I simply have to press STOP and START on the Test Panel, or start the counter output or change the state of one of the digital i/o channels.
The same thing happens when I run my software app which uses the 6016. In the app I'm monitoring temperature of a heater block, and as above, the temperature display suddenly locks up.

Do you have any ideas as to what might be happening? Thank you.

Jack Remiasz
Industrial Measurement Systems, Inc.

Message Edited by IMSYSINC on 07-22-2005 04:10 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,406 Views)
Hello Jack,

I'm not sure why your DAQPad appears to stop acquiring data but maybe some more information will clear things up.

1) What happens if you set the timing mode in the test panel to Continuous instead of On Demand?

2) Do you have any other USB devices hooked up to your computer?

3) What version of the DAQ driver are you using?  I would reccomend updating the driver and seeing if this behavior remains.

4) What software environment are you using to develope your application?

Thanks!

Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,388 Views)