Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counters PFI

Can someone tell me how to program a PFI port on an S series card as a frequency counter?  The counter examples given in labview label the counter as a string.  Putting PTF1 or GPCT1 in the string control box gives errors.  I've looked at the route.vi but it doesn't have any outputs that I could wire to the input of one of the easy counter vi's.  This seems like it should be a very basic and easy task but I can't find any information on how to do it.  It looks like its simple in the new NI-DAQmx.  But I have windows 98 and am using Labview 6i.

Thanks,

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,549 Views)

Hello Bob,

Look in LabVIEW under the Help menu>>Examples. Do a search for frequency. The S Series boards use the STC chip, so look for a frequency example with DAQ-STC. The version of NI-DAQ on my computer isn't compatible with LabVIEW 6i, so I can't be sure, but there is a great example that ships with LabVIEW 6.1 and higher called Measure Frequency (DAQ-STC).vi that will do what you want. Please let me know if you can't find a good example and I will install an older version of DAQ on a test machine. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,531 Views)