Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting daq to daq mx problems with route signal

I have a pci mio-16e-4 board and im trying to run a simultaneous AO operation and counter operation. I have been able to do this with regular NI-daq functions but havent been successful with daqmx. I believe the problem lies in routing the signal. With regular DAQ i was able to route the AO update signal to PFI 5 and then use that for the counter gate. With DAQ-mx, i assumed the AO update name was changed to AO sample clock, so i routed that to PFI 5. However, when i run the program i get an error (in the counter part) that says i cannot select sample clock and must choose implicit, or on demand. This error (code:-200300) occurs in the daq-mx read vi after the sample clock has already been selected?! I guess another question would be is the sample clock vi analogous with the gate.vi from the older version. Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,492 Views)
Hi jimbo-

The DAQmx Sample Clock VI is very different from the Traditional DAQ Gate VI. The timing VI is used to specify whether you will be using hardware timing or software timing (i.e. implicit or on demand).

What type of operation are you trying to perform? There are examples of how to perform edge counting, frequency measurement, and period/pulse width measurements in the NI Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples in LabVIEW) under Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Counter Measurements.

In order to route the AO sample clock to the output pin you will need the DAQmx Connect Terminals VI found under All Functions>>NI Measurements>>DAQmx>>DAQmx Advanced>>DAQmx Signal Routing. This is indeed the clock that updates the analog output channels and will need to be used for synchronization with your counter.

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,474 Views)