Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control servo motor using ni usb-6009

Hi everyone. I need to control servo motor to rotate from 0-180 degree continously. The servo motor angle is controlled by pwm signal. I need to do that by using NI usb-6009. I have try searching the example program but it seem to give wrong pwn signal and i failed to control the servo. I have attached the example program and the servo data sheet. Can anyone help me on how can i control the servo motor? Thank you very much.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,756 Views)

The USB-6009 has software timed digital I/O which makes it unsuitable for PWM applications. While I have heard reports that some people have achieved rates close to 1 kS/s on DO lines, there will be considerable amounts of timing jitter due to OS latencies. The specifications for the device do not list a maximum rate for digital updates. The maximum rate specified for analog outputs is 150 Hz, also software timed. Since all the timing is managed by the USB mocrocontroller in the device, it is not unreasonable to expect that the DO timing amy be similar to the AO timing.

Lynn

Message 2 of 2
(4,731 Views)