Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i synchronize two 6009 daqs

my application is to acquire signals from 2 microphone sensors that are connected to two different 6009 daqs.i want to synchronise them in such a way that i can perform further signal processing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,891 Views)

Somewhat.  The analog inputs of the USB-6009 can use an external digital trigger connected to PFI0. However, the sampling clocks will still be independent.  The timing accuracy is specified at 100 ppm. 

In the worst case where one device was 100 ppm above nominal and the other 100 ppm below and you sampled at 48 kS/s for one second, the last samples on each device would be 0.2 ms apart.  In that time sound in air will travel about 70 mm.

One way to at least partially compensate for this is to record a known identical signal on both devices and see how the data sets differ.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,880 Views)

i am new to labview,can you please elaborate what exactly i shud do to get them in sync

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,870 Views)
Why are you using two separate devices? You've got 4 differential inputs and that's the best way to have your inputs synched since they will all use the same convert clock.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,858 Views)