Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I connect the analog outputs of a DAQ in series configuration to have higher voltage source?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

My question is provided in the topic, do you have any idea regarding taht? your help is appreciated.

Ela

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by elahetal

Hi Ela,

For almost all of the devices supported by DAQmx, you cannot. When all of the AO channels have the same ground, connecting them in series would short the channel outputs to ground, which is bad.

However, there is an exception: the SCXI-1124 module has channel-to-channel isolation, which allows the channels to be cascaded to output higher voltages: Can I Cascade the Voltage Outputs of an SCXI-1124?

With channel-to-earth isolated devices (such as the NI 926x or NI 623x), you may be able to cascade multiple devices together, but not multiple channels on the same device.

Brad

Message Edited by Brad K on 01-19-2010 07:28 PM
---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
Message 2 of 4
(3,322 Views)

@Brad_K wrote:

With channel-to-earth isolated devices (such as the NI 926x or NI 623x), you may be able to cascade multiple devices together, but not multiple channels on the same device. 

Hi,

The NI 9269 has channel-to-channel isolation, so we can cascade multiple channels on the same device: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375099b.pdf

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,903 Views)

Hi JKSH,

Thanks for pointing out that the SCXI-1124 is no longer the only DAQ AO module that supports cascading multiple channels. In addition to the NI 9269 that you mentioned, which supports cascading 4 channels to output +/-40 V, the NI PXIe-4322 supports cascading 8 channels to output +/-128 V.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
Message 4 of 4
(2,883 Views)