From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I connect a bently nevada prximity sensor 3300XL to 4 channel NI9234 DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have bought a Bently Nevada 3300XL proximity sensor which comes with a Miniature coaxial ClickLoc connector with connector protector, standard cable . We have a 4 channel NI9234 DAQ.  

Please any suggestions on the type of adaptor to use?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,577 Views)

A quick search of the datasheet tells me that you need a -17 to -26V powersupply with at leat 12mA. (Not possible with the 9234)

The output voltage range of the sensor is higher than the input voltage range : -19V (sensor) to -5V (9234) so a voltage devider  is needed if you need the range (two resistors 3:1  say 3k and 1k )

I would build a power supply box with a -24V and 10V (12V) supply and add a OP(with 36V supply range)  and 4 resistors to build a level shifter  -1 to -20V  -> -5 to +5V 🙂 

(and since you asked that question, try to find a EE student or someone who knows where the hot end of a solder iron is, to build it for you)

EDIT: Some capacitors to buffer /filter the circuit are needed too  😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 5
(4,570 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, could you also suggest which NI DAQ would be suitable for direct connection with the sensor/

I feelit best to avoid the added circuitry as it might introduce noise?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fesmi

I'm not a NI app engineer , however as far as I know there is no NI-DAQ with a -24 V powersupply and a -20V input reange.

Maybe the other way: What do need to measure ?  Your sensor seems to have a quite high nonlinearity ... maybe look for another sensor?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,520 Views)

okay, Thanks a lot..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,474 Views)