Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can 6225 sample continuously at different sampling rates?

I am working with the 6225 multifunction data acquisition board and would like to know if it is possible to configure the board to continuously sample (i.e. analog input) one group of channels at one frequency and simultaneously sample another group of channels at another frequency.  For example, task1 might consist of 10 analog input channels sampled at 500 Hz while task2 might consist of 4 analog input channels sampled at 2000Hz - all 14 channels of analog input are recorded at the same time.   If this is possible, the assumption would be that data in the DAQmx buffer from the 10 channels span the same period of time as data from the 4 channels.  However, there would be more 4 times more samples for the 4 channels than the 10 channels.  My understanding of DAQmx is that this is not possible.  Would someone kindly be able to confirm whether or not the 6225 supports multifrequency continuous channel sampling?

Thanks,

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,514 Views)
You are correct- you can't do it. The board has just one clock for analog input.

You can sample all of the channels at 2000 samples/second, and either throw away the extra data (easy) or average the extra data down by a factor of four (harder, but better).
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,508 Views)