Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9191 Power Cycle Problem

I have a cDAQ-9191 connected wirelessly and it is working fine when running, but when the power is removed for 2 seconds or less it does not power back on.  Is this expected behaviour or do I have a faulty unit?  Since this unit is going to be mounted remotely on a boat there is no guarantee that power will be maintained continuously or for how long it will be disconnected.  A short power outage on the boat and the 9191 will not function.

In the mean time I will have to fit an on delay timer relay to hold the power off for 10 secnds or so.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,865 Views)

Hi Mike,

I suspect that your unit could be faulty as I cannot find any evidence for why it may not restart following a small power outage. I recommend that you open up a repair request and one of our engineers will assist you in troubleshooting the source of the issue and can organise a repair if necessary.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,844 Views)

Mike

Just to be clear, when you say the device does not power back on, are you seeing that it just doesn't reconnect to your host, or do the LEDs on the 9191 actually remain unlit?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,835 Views)

Kyle,

The 9191 LEDs remain unlit which indicates that it does not power back on.  Occasionally I have seen it power on but the Wifi LEDs just continuously scan and it doesn't connect to the host.  Another slow power cycle fixes it.  Could this be related to the same hardware problem?  The problem with getting it repaired is that it is going to be deployed in a boat a few days.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,824 Views)

I just got my hands on a 9191 and put it to the test.  It comes right back up when power is reconnected (including reestablishing network communication -- several seconds later), regardless of how long it's been disconnected.

The slow power cycle fix is what throws me off.  Does it do the trick 100% of the time?  My best guess as to why that would work, when the quick cycle doesn't, is that something in the internal power control circuit is busted and isn't bleeding power quick enough for the device to have fully shut down after a couple of seconds.  Repair seems appropriate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,789 Views)

I guess it could also be an issue external to the device -- an issue with the power brick, or even just with the contacts in the power cord connector.  Worth checking a different brick/cord, if you've got them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,786 Views)