Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9174 USB Device Not Recognised (NI 9425, NI 9476, NI 9239, NI 9263 modules included)

Hi,

I have a confusing promlem and I am very close to be crazy because of that. 

The problem is that my cDAQ 9174 usb device is not detected by computers. (but sometimes do)

1) It had been working for two years normally.

2)Then, one day computer1 (win 7, 32bit) didnot decected it. I try to restart computer and it worked.

3)day by day, i experienced this problem more frequently.

4)then, i decided to change my desktop computer because this problem causes some breakdown.

all confusing problems started after that.

i bought a new HP computer with i3 processor and win7, 32bit. this computer did not detecet my daq card anyway. 

As a result, I tried to connect this device with 5 different computers. (device manager and labview are installed into all computer in same way.)

Results:

Computer1(win7,32bit): Its orginal old desktop computer, It somtimes detects but it is not reliable.

Computer2(win7,32bit): Its new HP desktop computer, It never detects.

Computer3(win7,32bit): My personal laptop, It always detects, there is no detection problem.

Computer4(win7,32bit): My friends laptop, It never detects.

Computer5(winxp,32bit):  A computer of a working system with NI USB 6211, It somtimes detects but it is not reliable.

Now, is there anyone who can help me? Please, it is very important.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,061 Views)

Hello Mikalessa, 

What a frustrating situation! I have a couple of questions for you: 

>By detect, do you mean you can see the device in Windows Device Manager or in NI MAX? 

>Have you dried different USB ports on each of the machines? 

>Have you tried a different USB cord? 

>What version of DAQmx driver do you have installed? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,030 Views)

Hi hnesmith, thanks for your attention.

> I mean that in any way I could not see the device in both, windows device manager and NI MAX.

>Yes I had tried different USB port, there is no response.

>I had also tried with another USB cord, no response again.

>The version of DAQmx is 9.3.5 (but the interesting part is that my NI DAQ Card had been working with this software with smoothly)

What did happen, I cannot understand.

Note: In computer1, when we start computer, it generally detect it, but after a while, connection breaks suddenly. Then, in order to connect again, we need to reboot or change the USB port. Sometimes,it takes 15 minutes, because it doesn't detect at first.

Thank you again, good day.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,001 Views)

Mikalessa, 

Because the device works fine with your laptop, it seems that the device works properly. I would recommend upgrading the device driver to DAQmx 9.8

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,986 Views)

I had the same issue. Frustrated me for days re-installing drivers etc.

I cannot believe how stupid this is but try connecting the USB cable first, then switching off power to the cDAQ and switching back on again... Should now be recognised. Worked for me anyway.

Expect better from NI on this. Surely this bug should have been caught in pre-production.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,462 Views)

After about 3 years, I'm now having the same problem with my cDAQ-9174. I even tried your trick of connecting the USB first, then switching the power off then on, but still can't be detected in any of the USB ports of two of my computers. I contacted an NI tech but I have to verify this with an engineering rep....it seems there may be an issue with the USB port on the chassis itself.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,686 Views)

i have a similar (and not so similar) i have a cdaq 9174 that works on a labview instaled pc, however the exe on the client pc doesnt access to the readings at the cdaq but the NImax get.

The application was created with the express could it be a problem for the exe ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,301 Views)

Hey riotimus,

It sounds more like an executable problem than driver issue since you can see it in MAX.

I might suggest try to make a remotely debuggable excecutable and seeing if any unexpected behavior is there.

Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70

Why Can't I Find My Debuggable Application While Remote Debugging? - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/70F4B35F94227F058625738E00198720

Also riotimus, because of the way our algorithim shows posts to the community, I would highly suggest making a new forum post for this question so i can get even more visability.

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,284 Views)