Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9171 and NI 9205 DAQmx driver issues on 64-bit Windows 10?

I'm having issues getting the drivers to work for cDAQ-9171 and NI 9205 with DSUB.  It's listed in my "Devices" panel in 64-bit Windows 10, but has a "driver error"; I can also see it in NI-MAX, but cannot interact with it or run a self-test.

I've tried both updating my DAQmx drivers to 16.0.1 and doing an installation repair on my DAQmx drivers and LabVIEW.  After I try these repairs and restart my machine, I'm getting an error message "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nipcibrd.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."  So I'm assuming the driver repair isn't working correctly.

Has anyone else run into this issue with these devices?

- Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,522 Views)

This type of error can come up when certain Windows components are outdated. When was the last time you ran Windows Update?

Best guess is that the VC++ libraries are the culprit -- find downloads for the latest versions here -- but it's generally recommended to regularly apply available updates to all components. If downloading from the link, please be sure to install both the 32-bit and 64-bit libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,478 Views)