Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9132 and NI MAX

Hello all,

I'm looking to use our cDAQ-9132 for an upcoming project.  I starting messing with it today and I was able to access it by remote terminal from another computer.  But I'd really like to access it directly by ethernet from a single laptop via NI MAX.  I used the simulation feature in Ni-MAX so I have an idea what the cDAQ should look like in the Ni MAX menu.  But when I hooked up the cDAQ directly to my laptop via ethernet earlier today I was not able to get it to show up in Ni MAX. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  

Additionally, if I want to trigger off of another channel do I have to use the PFI0 connector or can I trigger off of another analog channel from one of the cards in the cDAQ chasis?  

Configutation:

cDAQ-9132 (4 slots with 16 GB)

Modules: Four NI-9222 modules

Computers running windows 7

Labview Version 2010 (Ni MAX 9.9) and Version 2013 (Ni Max 14)

Thanks for your help,

Radman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,636 Views)

Hello Radman,

Your chassis should show up under Remote Systems in NI MAX. When you expand it, it will search the network, and it should find your chassis. If you can't see your chassis, the following document describes how to troubleshoot:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

As for analog triggering, your modules do not support analog triggering, unfortunately. You will need to use a digital trigger instead.

Regards,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,598 Views)