Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

biphasic sine wave and pulse generation using 6036E

hi!
i need to generate a train of 8 pulses: sine as well as biphasic pulses using 6036E DAQ card. can somebody give me a headstart into what i should be looking at. do i need to use analog output or counter output for the purpose. thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,892 Views)
Hello Morpheous,

Counters cannot output sine waveforms, so you will need to use analog output for your application. I'm not very familiar with biphasic pulses, but you can use any of the analog output example programs that are included with the NI-DAQ driver as reference for your application. What program are you using (LabVIEW, CVI, C++, .NET, etc.)?

If you are using LabVIEW, you can go to Help >> Find Examples. Once the Example Finder pops up, go to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Generation>>Voltage. If you are not using LabVIEW, you can find the examples in the following directory: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,870 Views)
Thanks for the advice. I am using LabVIEW for the above mentioned purpose. I am trying to use Generate Pulse Train.vi. However i am not sure as to what to put down for the taskID for counter and counter-1 as well as the counter input for the VI. I am using 6036E DAQ card which has two counters:Counter 0 and Counter 1.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,859 Views)
Hello,

Which VI are you using? Is it Traditional DAQ or DAQmx? Try using the "Gen Dig Pulse Train-Continuous.vi" found in the NI Example Finder under Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Generating Digital Pulses.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,808 Views)