From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquiring multiple waveforms

I am trying to write a program to aquire multiple waveforms from a NI cDAQ 9184 with 8 inputs. I set up the data aquisition successfully with DAQ Assist for one channel, but trying to aquire more than one channel is returning an error.

AJ Metzger

Test Engineer

Advanced Fusion Systems

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,960 Views)

What error are you getting?  What modules are you trying to read from?  Are you trying to read all of your waveforms with the same DAQ Assistant (ie multiple channels in a single task)?  What sample rate are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,958 Views)

Currently I have one DAQ Assist reading ai0 and ai1 as a differential with a sample rate of 300 hz. I have tried setting up multiple DAQ Assistants and recieved an error about having multiple DAQ Assists in a program.

I tried to sample 2 and 4 channels in one DAQ Assist set to taking measurements in RSE mode, but it only returns one waveform when sampleing multiple channels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,948 Views)

Can you post your code?  Sounds like something is setup wrong, but really hard to tell without seeing the code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,944 Views)
If you actually selected ai0 and ai1, that is two different channels. You never select a second channel when doing a differential measurement. That is automatically done for you when you select differential mode.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,941 Views)