Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog input hangs for PCI 6052E

I am having problems while acquiring data from PCI 6052E. The analog input is set to acquire certain predetermined set of samples when the hardware trigger is applied. The logging is set to Disk mode and LogToDiskMode is set to Index. When the trigger is on, the AI starts acquiring and then suddenly hangs in between before the predetermined samples have been acquired. I am using Matlab to control the DAQ card. The Matlab keeps on checking whether the Running Flag for AI is ON or OFF. It waits till the flag goes OFF. Whenever this error occurs, the flag never goes OFF and MATLAB keeps waiting in the loop. This condition occurs intermittently without any fix pattern and i havent been able to relate it to any hardware/software problem. Also the eventlog for that daq file doesnt show any errors.

I am running my application on Windows XP

Does anyone else have the same problem? Can anyone suggest any more debugging/diagonistic tools using MATLAB for DAQ card?

Madhvi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,422 Views)
Hello Madhvi,

If you are doing a finite acquisition, is it possible to do a one-time read of all the samples from the buffer? Are you using external/internal timing? Are you using a timeout for your read function? What are the characteristics of your trigger signal?

I'm not to familiar with the MATLAB DAQ functions. I would definitely suggest that you give Mathworks a call as well.

Take care,
E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,402 Views)