Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 -- myDAQ Driver Not Working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I just "upgraded" to Windows 10 and installed everything required for myDAQ and Windows isn't recognizing the driver. Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

I installed the most recent drivers for DAQmx (15.0.1) and Elvis (15.0) without any luck. I attached the errors from both NI MAX and Device Manager

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 5
(7,857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtkrenz

Hi jtkrenz,

Unfortunately, Windows 10 is not yet supported by DAQmx and Elvismx.  This can be seen under the OS Support in their respective Readme:

1. NI-DAQmx 15.0.1 Readme

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//multifunction_daq/nidaqmx/15.0.1/readme.html

2. NI ELVISmx 15.0 Readme

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//multifunction_daq/nielvis/15.0/readme.html

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(7,820 Views)
That's a shame, but I suppose it's to be expected with a new OS. At least I don't need it for a while. Anyways, thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,807 Views)

Hey jtkrenz,

Would you be able to provide more information about your system setup, upgrade process...

1. What is your system setup - HW specs? Does it have USB 3.0?
  2. What OS did you upgrade from? Bitness?
  3. Did you have NI software installed on your system prior to upgrading to Windows 10? If yes, what driver(s) & what software version(s)?
  4. In your post you mentioned, DAQmx 15.0.1 and ELVISmx 15.0, where these installed after the Windows 10 upgrade? prior?
  5. Would you elaborate on the process of the upgrade, what did you start with, what were the steps to upgrade, and what was done after the upgrade?
  6. Additional, have you restarted your computer after the upgrade?

Any information you can provide would be greately appreciated!

~ Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,803 Views)

Hello Sandra, to answer your questions.

1) My new laptop is running an I7 Intel CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M and has 24 GB of ram (way more than my previous computer that ran everything fine). I do have multiple 3.0 USB ports and I have tried plugging the myDAQ into all of them. The computer recognizes the myDAQ and says that there aren't any drivers installed for it.

2) I upgraded from a clean install of 8.1 Professional (64-bit).

3) I did not have NI software installed before the upgrade.

4) LabView, DAQmx and ELVISmq were all installed after the upgrade.

5) I installed a clean copy of Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 (also 64-bit). The Windows 10 installation seemed very similar to any other OS, except that it optomized current drivers and programs during the install. This shouldn't be a factor since nothing was installed until after the installation. After the upgrade, I installed the previous versions of DAQmx and ELVISmx (14.x, I believe), but I was having the same issue (driver not recognized) so when NI release the new drivers I tried installing those as well.

6) I have restarted numerous times since each install. Whenever a program or driver doesn't work right after installation, my first troubleshooting technique is to restart.

Hopefully that helps expand upon my issues. Thank you for your help!

-Josh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,783 Views)