Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I receive Error Code -50000?

I have a M-serie 6221 card where I use the two analog output, DC voltage out. (Labview 7.0 running on a Pentium 4 HT processor and Win XP SP2).

I have two processes (independant dynamic VI's) for analog voltage output.
Process 0 use AO channel 0 and Process 1 use AO channel 1 on the 6221 card.
Both processes use the simple DAQ-Write 1 Chl 1 Smpl VI and with an update rate of only 4 Hertz.
I have made shure that the data input is between +- 10V using a coerce function.

Occationaly (sometimes hours between fails) I receive Error Code -50000 (=conflicting parameters) after one of the DAQ-Write 1 Chl 1 Smpl VI .

Why?
Can it be a problem with multi-threading?

Regards

Bo Hellman
Biotage Sweden AB
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,732 Views)
bohellman,

When you are using the DAQmx Write VI, are you setting the auto start input to false, or have you left it at its default of true. One thing I would recommend trying is to explicity start the task and set auto start to false, and see if this makes any difference. If you are writing within a loop, then this can also make your application run more efficiently.

To determine if the problem was a multithreading issue, you could disable multithreading within LabVIEW (Tools-Options, select Performance and Disk tab).

If you still have trouble, could you post the problematic portion of your VI that is causing the error?

Good luck,

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,701 Views)