Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can not I get more scans using trigger daq program?

I am using the daqcard-6036E for PCMCIA with BNC2110 in my IBM T41 thinkpad. I wrote a program in Labview to generate a square wave from the analog output channel of the daq card. The sqare wave has the period of around 150ms. It will remain in 5V for 40ms. I used this square wave as the trigger for my data acquisition. The program I used for the data acquisition is the same one I can find in the sample provided by Labview--Acquire N scans after the digital trigger. I used the falling edge as the trigger edge. But I found that I can only get around 700 scans when I was using the maxium scan rate of my daq card (200K). I can also get less scans as I tried to use lower scan rate. But in my application, I need to acqu
ire more then 20ms data from my receiver. That means I need to have 4K scans. But I can not get as many as I want. I don't know why.
I used the same program in my DAQ Card PCI6011E. It works fine.
Hope you can give me help. Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,242 Views)
Hello Alfanso,

Do you get any type of error when you try running this example at 200 kS/s? Or can you just see from the Data and Waveform Graph indicators that only 700 samples were acquired? Also, according to the Waveform Graph's timestamps, how much time has elapsed in a single scan?

To troubleshoot this and give yourself some idea of what might be going wrong, it is a good idea to place indicators on the outputs of the Traditional DAQ VIs. Some of these include Actual Scan Rate on AI Start, Scan Backlog and Number Read on AI Read.

Are you trying to acquire all of your data off of a single channel? Is the data being read being generated continuously? What version of LabVIEW and NI-DAQ are you using?

Best,

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)