Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the NI-DAQmx driver packages so Huge?

You chose to download a package of multiple drivers - not just DAQ.

It does appear your device is supported but if you code is old, it's possible that it is using the obsolete driver. You have to look at the code.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,167 Views)

Ok, so where do I find just the drivers I need? It certainly isn't obvious to someone that comes to your site maybe once a year. Also, I'm not worried about code, I just want the test panels.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,164 Views)
It's hardly my site. It's NI'S.

The DAQmx driver is included on your download. Install it. From the support page, you could have just selected DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,158 Views)

Sorry, I figured you were from NI. Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, once I got all the 6G downloaded and installed, it doesn't work. Still don't know where to find a smaller option. Had to dig up my old computer instead.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,134 Views)

I managed to find DAQmx 8.8 for download here:http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-8.8/1085/en/

It is about 1GB download.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,124 Views)
I already gave you the link for the driver. At the bottom of the page is a More Information section. That has s link to the core plus configuration driver. That's 850 MB.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,117 Views)