From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I Simulate my DAQ Device(PCI-7332) in MAX?

Hello
thesedays I am trying to use stepping motor for studying.

and my question is ... I have Motion Control Device(PCI-7332), but I didn't install yet.
so before I install perfectly, I wanna make a simulation program for controlling motor... using simulation device...

but there is no this model in the 'NI-DAQmx simulation device'
please help how to find this one...

thx for confirming this stuff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,507 Views)

Hello,

The NI Motion Controllers do not use the NI-DAQmx driver, so that is why it will not show up under DAQmx Simulated Devices.  You will need to install the NI-Motion driver found here and then you will see a NI Motion Devices tab in MAX where you will be able to right-click and add a virtual motion device.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,490 Views)

So I have the 2017 device drivers installed but the PCI-7332 is still not available for Simulation the closes appears to be PCI-7334. I also tried installing the 2016 Motion Drivers.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,402 Views)

Hi ryanfk, I believe this is expected, as it seems we opted for the simulated controller model that has more number of axes. (ie: the only difference between the 7332 and 7334 is the number of axis on the controller). I'll confirm that this the case, but that is my initial thought. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,384 Views)