From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NI DAQ device or system can pick up nanovolt signals?

Solved!
Go to solution

We have an analog sensor here that its output gives us nanovolts order signal. I was wondering is there any NI DAQ device that you could introduce me so that I can take these measurments to the Labview?(signal to noise ratio is low) It would be great if you also suggest me an Osciloscope code or software in Labview that get the signal from DAQ device and I can play with or save the signal like a real Osclloscope because I could not find a good one in the examples. If this question is not related to here please provide a link for me to delete this and ask it somewehere else in the forume. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,131 Views)

Hello, Can you please give us a little more information about your application?  What are you trying to accomplish and what type of device are you looking for?  An OScope/Digitizer?  Do you have an existing NI SCOPE device?  If so, have you looked at the NI SCOPE soft front panel?

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(4,081 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SilasIII

nV isn't much  🙂 so some more requirements are needed:

needed resolution?

needed accuracy?

bandwidth of the signal?

impedance of the source (or acceptable input bias current of the DAQ?)

Absolut value or changes in amplitude?  (important for drift specification)

I would go with a preamplifier or ask Keithley 😉   sorry NI 

A good source of information to measure really tiny values is the 'low level measurements handbook' from keithley...

Sorry no link to it.... these %$§'%  search engines don't provide direct links anymore  😞

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 3 of 4
(4,053 Views)

Henrik:

Galncing up from my monitor to my bookshelf and lo and behold is my 4th Edition of the LLM Handbook circa 1992.

A very useful guide indeed.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 4
(4,045 Views)