From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to detect peak to peak voltage for the following waveform ?

I have two channels of waveform train ( ie W1 & W2 ), each of them is of frequency 64KHz.

Each channel of waveform train consists of sinewaves of 64KHz of fixed amplitude, say 2 V pk to pk, running for 100 cycles, and then rest for 0.15 sec continue with a sinewave of 64KHz of another fixed amplitude, say 1 V pk to pk running for 100 cycles as well, and then rest for 0.15 sec. The above cycle considered as a complete waveform cycle.

The above complete waveform cycle repeat for 10 cycles and rest for 1.3 sec and repeated itself.

From the two simulated waveforms (ie W1 & W2), I need to detect and measure the peak to peak voltage of each of the 100 cycles sinewaves.

What is th
e best way to achieve that ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,865 Views)
Greetings,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using? If you are using LabVIEW 7.0, I would suggest that you consider using the Amplitude and Level Measurements Express VI to determine the peak to peak magnitudes. It is available in the following location:

Functions >> Analyze >> Waveform Measurements

If you are using a previous version of LabVIEW, let me know, and I can suggest an alternate method. Furthermore, you will need to use the Get Waveform Subset VI to separate the complete waveforms into the required subsets. It is available in the following location:

Functions >> Waveform

Good luck with your application.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,865 Views)
Thanks Spencer. I'm using LabVIEW 6.1. What would be the alternative method. Thanks again !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,865 Views)
Spencer, what is the best way to trigger the above waveform ?
TQ in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,865 Views)
To determine a waveform's peak-to-peak magnitude, with LabVIEW 6.1, I would suggest that you use Amplitude and Levels.vi (Functions >> Analyze >> Waveform Measurements). If you are not using the Professional Development version or Full Development version of LabVIEW, you will not have access to this VI.

With regards to triggering a waveform, could you provide me with a few more details?

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,865 Views)
The waveform is free running as described above, ie sinewave running at approximate 64 KHz for about 100 cylce at fixed amplitude, say 2V ( actual number of cylce unknown, could slightly more or sightly less, depanding on the machine ) then rest for approximately 0.15sec, another sinewave running at approx. 64KHz at fixed amplitude, say 1.5V ( actual number of cylce unknown, could slightly more or sightly less, depanding on the machine ) running for approx 100 cycles continue...then rest for approx. 0.15 sec .....the above waveform repeated itself and free running .....I would like to capture or trigger each of the 100 cycles sinewave (rest time of 0.15 sec between each approx100 cycles of sinewave) to measure the peak to peak voltage and st
ore them in array for analysis purpose....what is the best way to achieve that as I do not have time reference, I only know that the waveform is running at the pattern described above.

Thanks for your help !
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,865 Views)
Thanks for the additional details. I would suggest that you use Basic Level Trigger Detection.vi to accomplish this task. This VI is available in the following location:

Functions >> Analyze >> Waveform Monitoring

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,865 Views)