Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the 34 pin male port on the AT-MIO-16E-10 ?

I have loked through the users manual and there seems to mention of it. It is in an odd place, coming out of the top of the board. Do I have to attach somthing to it, or can I just ignore it and use the 68 pin that comes out the back.
Thanks
    Benjamin Nelson
    Telerobotics Lab,
    Stanford University
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,533 Views)
I don't have that board, but I'd bet it's the connector for the RTSI bus, which uses a 34-pin ribbon cable type of connector.  The RTSI bus can be used to pass timing and triggering signals among DAQ boards in the PC when you need to keep multiple boards synchronized.  It can be pretty handy but is not strictly necessary, especially if you're only using a single DAQ board.

In short, yes you can ignore it for now because all of the board's I/O uses the 68 pin connector coming out the back.  If you later want to synchronize boards within your PC, you can start reading up on RTSI and post back here for more specific help.

-Kevin P.
CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,527 Views)
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,514 Views)