Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Logger

I'm trying to log data to a .tdms file from the NI Measurement & Automation Explorer and am having trouble.

It seems like I need to download VI Logger 2.0 to get this to work, but I don't have VI Logger 1.0 installed, which is needed in order to upgrade to 2.0.

Does anyone know where I can find this download (VI Logger 1.0) or what else my problem might be?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,642 Views)
Why VI Logger? That hasn't been sold in several years and I don't believe TDMS existed when it was supported. You should be looking at SignalExpress.
Message 2 of 4
(3,630 Views)

VI logger didn't save data to TDMS.  It actually stored data in a database.  Trust me, you don't want to mess with it.

I'm not very familiar with Signal Express, but I think it should be able to do what you want.  Or if you have LabVIEW look you can stream a DAQmx task straight to a TDMS file with very little programming.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(3,612 Views)

DAQmx doesn't work with the PXI-4351 temperature card.  VI Logger is perfect for this application.  No bells or whistles, it just works.  Problem is, NI claims it doesn't have a repository of VI Logger to download, so it will have to come from a forum user.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,310 Views)