From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.net equivilant of AmpPhaseSpectrum

Is there an equivalent to the following c method for DaqMX in VB.net?:

CWDSP.AmpPhaseSpectrum x, Unwrap, dt, AmpSpectrum, PhaseSpectrum, df
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,047 Views)
Hello Noja,

There is an equivalent in VB.NET but you must have Measurement Studio Enterprise edition to use it. The function is:

NationalInstruments.Analysis.SpectralMeasurements.Measurements.AmplitudePhaseSpectrum

You can find more information on Measurement Studio and the included functions at:
http://www.ni.com/mstudio/compare_vb_net.htm

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,036 Views)
Is there a way (or a different function) that will return the amplitude spectrum in Volts...not Volts RMS? If not, what happed to all the array functions like Mularray in nationalinstruments.analysis.math.arrayoperation?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,032 Views)
Hello Noja,

There is no other amplitude phase spectrum function that will return the value only in volts. However, you can find the mulArray in NationalInstruments.Analysis.Math.LinearAlgebra.Multiply(double[], double[])

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,011 Views)
In that case, would I be correct in assuming that to get my spectrum in volts i would multiply every element in the output array from AmplitudePhaseSpectrum() by 2/sqrt(2) except for the first element of the array (which is the DC component)?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,010 Views)
Hi Noja,

Can you maybe give me more information about what you are trying to do overall so that I can better help you find the solution to your problem? Where are you getting your data from? What type of data is it? Is it an array of volts for example? What is you original data and what are you trying to accomplish? These answers will help us find the best solution for your problem.

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,996 Views)