Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.NET with Traditional NI-DAQ

I am developing an a application using VB.NET (NO Measurement Studio) that is using several NI PCI boards (PCI-6602, PCI-6509, & PCI-6703). The PCI-6602 & PCI-6509 are DAQmx compatiable, while the PCI-6703 is not.

I have been able to pick up the DAQmx function calls very easily, but am having some difficulty in working with the 6703 for my application. I am trying to output 3 voltages on 3 output channels. So far I have only come across DAQmx samples for VB.NET.

Does anyone have some sample code I could reference which shows how exactly I can accomplish this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,780 Views)
Hi Justin,

You can use Traditional DAQ functions with VB.NET. Unfortunately, it is more difficult than using DAQmx because you need to make calls directly to the .DLL file for Traditional DAQ. There are no existing example programs for the, but I have recently created one that uses DAQmxBase in .NET. Just like traditional DAQ, DAQmxBase is only supported in .NET through making function calls to its .DLL. I have attatched the example program. It is written in C# but it will still demonstrate the fundamentals of using DAQ through .DLL function calls. Just substitute your Traditional DAQ function calls for the DAQmxBase function calls.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,780 Views)