From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a digital input to trigger a save

Hello, 

I have an NU USB-6363 X Series Multifunction DAQ. 

I need to know if this situation is hypothetically possible so that I can use that fact to build a part of a program for saving data from a pressure sensor. 

Say I have a physical pushbutton wired into a Digital In port on my DAQ, and I have a DAQ Assistant express VI, which is in a while loop, reading that Digital In port, and is set to 1 Sample (on demand). 

Assuming that the DAQ Assistant is only capable of generating 1 High or Low value per loop iteration  (since it's set to 1 Sample), couldn't you use the push button in this manner to control a Case Structure through the DAQ Assistant?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,032 Views)

It sounds good, but why don't you share with us the code that you have tried until now? Please take a look at this example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10608  it uses a similar functionality to start logging data by selecting from 2 cases.

Message 2 of 3
(3,002 Views)

Thank you for your reply! (I'm sorry to have taken so long to reply. I played around with the example you linked, and I later integrated that with my code and it seemed to work alright)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,895 Views)